Mi Note 2 is going to be the latest smartphone to be launched by the Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi. Most of the times the specs of the upcoming smartphones are kept secret but often they are “leaked” so that people get to know of their specs in advance and so has been the case with the Mi Note 2 from Xiaomi. Most of the times these leaks are purposely orchestrated to create buzz. You don’t want to read about the specs of a normal phone. You would like to read the specs of the smartphone that hasn’t yet been released and presumably, not many people know about their specs and you are not supposed to know about their specs.
The specs of the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 smartphone
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 will be powered by a Snapdragon 821 SoC processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- A bigger phone; 5.7-inch Super AMOLED 2560 x 1440 QHD display from QUALCOMM
- Force touch: the screen reacts differently according to the force used while tapping the screen. This link describes what’s force touch vis-à-vis smartphones
- Up to 6GB RAM (with 4GB RAM variant)
- 128GB of storage (with 64GB variant)
- 23MP camera with Sony IMX318 sensor (with 12MP camera variant) on the backside
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 4100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Iris scanner for biometric authentication
- Fingerprint scanner embedded underneath the display
- USB Type-C port
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
Since the specs of the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 smartphone and are part of a leaked information they might be subject to change. But the phone is going to be released on October 25, 2016 so these specs might be quite accurate.