Everyone wants to make money which is websites like Money Sack are so popular. The best way of making money for bigger Internet companies is to encourage their users to make money on the websites and then take a cut from it. It’s better than trying to make money on your own. The biggest example is Google making billions of dollars from AdSense that makes money due to hard work from publishers all over the world. Facebook is planning to pull the same feat.
Very soon you may be able to make money from your Facebook posts, according to this Verge report. You may be able to include a tip jar, branded content or make some advertising revenue on Facebook. These were some of the choices in a user survey distributed last week.
As I have written above, this is a great way of making money especially when you have got millions of users ready to create content even when you don’t ask them to create content for you. YouTube makes lots of money this way but the problem with YouTube is hosting videos is quite an expensive exercise and this is why despite making lots of money, YouTube is still a loss-making venture for Google.
The Google search engine on the other hand gathers content from billions of webpages being created almost every day so it isn’t as expensive as YouTube content. Also, publishers can use AdSense on their own websites and blogs and is continuously making money for Google.
Facebook recently opened up Instant Articles for everybody. Publishers can sell advertising inside Instant Articles content. Facebook is also encouraging people to sell and buy products and services within Facebook Messenger. But again, the best way of making money is, providing people a platform to make money and then taking a cut from that money.
In order to make money from your Facebook posts, you will have the following options:
- Tip jar – your fans and followers will be able to tip you money
- Branded content – posting content for brands you are promoting and then getting money from those brands
- Sponsor marketplace – advertisers and brands can sponsor premium space for you
- Donate option – like a tip jar, but you can use your fans and friends to get donation for the charity of your choice, instead of getting money for yourself
- Call to action button – for example encouraging people to buy tickets or pay for your content
- Revenue sharing – publish advertisements within your content and then share the revenue generated with Facebook
If you want to make money from your Facebook posts, this is just a beginning and different other ideas are coming up.