Moleskine is the living proof of the fact that no matter how prevalent digital note takers like Evernote and OneNote become, when it comes to serious note taking, people still prefer pen and paper; they like to trudge along their favourite pad. But it cannot be denied that whatever you write down using pen and notepad, it would be great if that can be transferred to your smartphone or your PC. People want to have the best of both the worlds – the traditional method of taking notes and then an ability to make sure that those notes are digitized and saved in your PC or smartphone. The Moleskine Smart Writing Set will help you achieve exactly that.
- Create notes and sketches using the normal pen and notepad (well, they are not normal in the normal sense)
- Save the notes and sketches in your smartphone in digital format in real time
- Email your notes and sketches from within your pen and notepad that come with the Moleskine Smart Writing Set
- Transcribe your writing in case you want your written material converted into the conventional font on your smartphone
- Give finishing touches to your notes and sketches that you create using your Moleskine Smart Writing Set pen and pad using a smartphone app
- Organize your digitally saved notes and sketches in whichever manner you feel like just the way you are able to do in an app like Evernote
- Basically, do whatever you want to do, digitally, once you have saved your notes and sketches onto your mobile device
Here is the video of the Moleskine Smart Writing Set in action:
They have a very apt and endearing tagline at the end of the video: “The legendary way to write, the latest way to curate and share.”
It is not just on your smartphone where you will be saving your notes and sketches from the Moleskine pen and notepad, you can use any mobile device like a tablet or the iPad.
What if you are just carrying your Moleskine Smart Writing Set pen and notepad and your smartphone or iPad is someplace else? No need to worry; the notepad comes with internal memory and it saves all your work until you have access to your smartphone.
What exactly is the Moleskine Smart Writing Set?
- A notebook/pad with leaflets to write on: it is called the Moleskine paper tablet
- A pen – It is called pen+ (pen plus)
- A pen charger
- You will need to download the Moleskine app from Google Play or the Apple App Store
The Moleskine Smart Writing Set comes with a pen, a notepad/paper tablet, and a charger (and an extra pen tip). Obviously the pen and the notepad are not your conventional pen and paper pad. Although the notepad that comes with the Moleskine Smart Writing Set is made of a set of papers, these papers are digitally connected to your smartphone or tablet (you will need to install an app for that) with Bluetooth. Even the pen that you use with the pad will first need to be connected/paired with your smartphone so that it can transfer the data in real-time.
The concept is like the stylus pad. Whatever you write on the Moleskine notepad, it is transferred to your smartphone in real-time, as it happens. You can actually see your notes and sketches appearing on the screen of your smartphone or iPad.
I’m just wondering if the notepad that comes with the Moleskine Smart Writing Set is reusable or you have to purchase a new notepad once you have filled all the leaves.
Here is the video that properly explains what exactly is the Moleskine Smart Writing Set.
Who would use the Moleskine Smart Writing Set?
Obviously this is not for casual users. First, it’s not cheap. It will cost you around $200. People were more likely to use the Moleskine Smart Writing Set will be those who
- Take lots of notes but wouldn’t like to gather a stockpile of notebooks
- People who need to create lots of sketches – like fashion designers, product designers and even web designers
- Maybe artists