Styluses are again in fashion. They are being introduced with many gadgets including smartphones and tablets. A while ago Apple introduced iPen with its iPad Pro if I’m not mistaken. Samsung has its own set of smartphones responding well to stylus-based input. The LG line of smartphones too has been coming with various styluses. So it is very important that you don’t lose or forget your stylus because otherwise there are many functions in your smartphone you won’t be able to perform. The new LG smartphone, Stylus 2 reminds you if you are leaving your stylus behind somewhere. As you can see, styluses for smartphones have become so important that smartphones are being named on styluses. LG first had G4 Stylus and now it is about to launch LG Stylus 2.
The new smartphone will respond to the status of your stylus. The moment you pull out your stylus the smartphone will display shortcuts to LG’s Pop Memo and Pop Scanner apps, according to this recent LG post. The phone will alert you if somehow you are leaving behind your stylus. The phone will be launched at the next 2016 MWC.
The key specifications of the new LG Stylus 2, according to the link above are:
- Display: 5.7-inch HD In-Cell Touch (1280 x 720)
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- Camera: Rear 13MP / Front 8MP
- Memory: 1.5GB LPDDR3 RAM / 16GB ROM / MicroSD
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 155 x 79.6 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 145g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / USB 2.0
- Colors: Titan / White / Brown